European Cbrn Innovation for the maRket CLuster
Start date: 2017-03-10 End date: 2021-03-09
UNIVERSITE CATHOLIQUE DE LOUVAIN
To improve its resilience to new CBRN attacks and threats, the EU needs a specialized, efficient and sustainable industry, competitive on a less fragmented EU market and globally. The ENCIRCLE consortium proposes an innovative approach to reach this goal in a short to long term perspective so that SMEs and large industries can propose and invest in the best innovations on the market.
This approach results in 5 objectives aimed at prompting the innovation and business development, and filling market gaps in the project timeframe:
1. Create an open and neutral EU CBRN cluster,
2. Provide a sustainable and flexible vision and roadmap for the development of the European CBRN market and innovations,
3. Provide integration with platforms (systems, tools, services, products) by proposing standardized interfaces and future EU standards to integrate CBRN technologies and innovations developed from the Part b projects,
4. Support CBRN safety, security and defence commercial and market services,
5. Improve and facilitate European CBRN dissemination and exploitation.
The project will be conducted by a consortium of specialized industries, trade associations and research organisations with flexible and lean procedures under the advice of the EC Community of Users. It will rely on two large interactive communities: practitioners and customers, and industrial and technological providers, the latter including many SMEs. To optimize the needs and gaps assessment and the innovation development, acceptance and success, ENCIRCLE will establish formal links with other consortia such as the future Part b projects.
The main expected impact is to enhance the EU CBRN industry competitiveness and enlarge its market while increasing the benefits of the EU research and innovation to improve CBRN preparedness, response, resilience and recovery efficiency.